Release of Analyst Professional Development Road Map, 2.0We are pleased to share the release of the Analyst Professional Development Road Map, Version 2.0, with you.
The Criminal Intelligence Coordinating Council (CICC, https://it.ojp.gov/global/working-groups/cicc) is a criminal intelligence consortium that brings together representative stakeholders in law enforcement and homeland security.
As part of the CICC revision of The Analyst Professional Development Road Map, we envision a sustainable, professional career path for analysts operating within federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial organizations. This path focuses on the development and enhancement of analytic-related knowledge, skills, and abilities within four overarching analyst levels (basic, intermediate, advanced, and supervisory) and the minimum training recommended to achieve each level.
IALEIA assisted with creating Version 1, released in July 2015. And while the purpose of this resource remains the same, many of the training opportunities, certifications, and other means to further professional development for analysts have been updated.
Audience: This resource is intended for state, local, tribal, and territorial law enforcement analytic personnel, including state and major urban area fusion centers, and other public safety agencies.
• Value to the Justice Community: The resource creates a sustainable, professional career path for analysts operating within federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial organizations. This path focuses on the development, training, and enhancement of analytic-related knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The Criminal Intelligence Coordinating Council’s (CICC) Enhancing Analyst Resources Task Team was comprised of state, local, and federal practitioners and subject experts who are experienced in crime and intelligence analysis-related activities. Special thanks go to the following members:
Task Team Chairs
• Shelagh Dorn, President, International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA)
• Van Godsey, General Chairman, Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Units (LEIU)
• IALEIA - International Association for Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts – Gregory Thomas
• LEIU - Association for Law Enforcement Intelligence Units – Bob Morehouse
• IAFIE - International Association For Intelligence Education – David Jimenez
• Southern Nevada Counter-Terrorism Center – Patrick Baldwin
• International Association of Crime Analysts – Carolyn Cassidy
• Office of Homeland Security, Missouri Department of Public Safety – Kylie Dickneite
• Florida Department of Law Enforcement – Alexander Gulde, Katie Murphy, and Tish Jocelyn
• Virginia Fusion Center – Austin White
• U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS):
• Office of Intelligence and Analysis (I&A) – Kevin Saupp, Susan Bower, and Adam Walker
• I&A Intelligence Training Academy – Alan Prebyl
• U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ):
• Bureau of Justice Assistance (BJA), Office of Justice Programs (OJP) – David Lewis and John Markovic
• Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Office of Partner Engagement – Gregory Lindler