Get involved by becoming a FIAT instructor!The Foundations of Intelligence Analyst Training (FIAT) program is accepting applications for new instructors to deliver the benchmark training program of IALEIA and LEIU. Candidates will receive training at an Instructor Development Class (IDP) in Sacramento, CA June 25-28, 2018. Accepted applicants that exceed our training capacity will be trained during an actual FIAT class in the future by an experienced qualified FIAT instructor. Due to the high demand we are experiencing for classes, we are looking for additional instructors so we may meet the needs of agencies requesting training. At this time, we are only accepting applications from analysts in North America.
FIAT instruction is on a purely volunteer basis. Travel and related expenses for the training classes and FIATs will be reimbursed by FIAT. Many instructors are rewarded by their home agencies to travel with paid leave to contribute and share their expertise with other analysts. The shared experience is two-way. The contributing agency is investing in their analyst and helping them to grow into a recognized subject matter expert as well as networking with new contacts.
- A member in good standing for one year or more with IALEIA or LEIU
- Employed in private sector as a security analyst (retail loss, security specialist in banking, credit cards) law enforcement intelligence analyst, military intelligence analyst for a minimum of five years
- Able to pass a security clearance to enter host agency locations i.e. criminal records check, clean driver’s abstract in order to rent vehicles
- Documentation on agency letterhead stating that your immediate supervisor has supported your request and will support your commitment to volunteer teach one class a year for IALEIA/LEIU
- Applicants with prior teaching experience with adults and/or delivery of their agency/employer training will be given preference and should be documented by the immediate supervisor. Complete the online application available at either: www.ialeia.org or www.leiu.org
All requested applications must be scanned as a PDF and sent to the attention of: FIAT Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be evaluated and ranked by the FIAT Steering Committee. All applications must be received by March 31, 2018.
The Subject Line: IDP Application (your name)
- Scan 1 – completed application (click to download a copy)
- Scan 2 – agency letterhead and supervisory permission and contact information
- Scan 3 – resume
- Scan 4 – supporting documents i.e. previous student of a FIAT course, educational documentation, and commendations letters for previous investigations