Basic Analytical/Intelligence Courses
IALEIA members wishing to enter the Professional Certification Program (PCP) must first successfully complete an approved 40-hour minimum, classroom-based, basic criminal intelligence analysis course.
The IALEIA Professional Certification Program follows the training recommendations outlined in the Global Justice Information Sharing Initiative/IALEIA Law Enforcement Analytic Standards, U.S. National Criminal Intelligence Sharing Plan (NCISP) and further detailed in the Minimum Criminal Intelligence Training Standards for Law Enforcement and Other Criminal Justice Agencies in the United States.
The IALEIA Professional Development Committee adopted these recommendations in relation to intelligence analysis training and professionalism standards as a guide to provide a uniform and broadly accepted platform upon which to base the IALEIA Professional Certification Program.
A number of intelligence analysis courses have been evaluated against these standards. The courses approved to date include:
Basic Analyst Classification Eligible
- Analytical Investigation Methods – Anacapa Sciences, Inc.
- Basic Analysis Training Course - New Jersey Regional Intelligence Academy
- Basic Intelligence Training - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations, Office of Intelligence
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis Training - Classroom Course, Intelligence Analysis Training, Ltd.
- Criminal Intelligence Analysis - Anacapa Sciences, Inc.
- DIA Intelligence Analysis Course - Defence Intelligence Agency, Department of Homeland Security
- Florida Law Enforcement Analyst Academy Training - Florida Dept of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
- Florida Law Enforcement Analyst Training (I & II) - Florida Dept of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
- Foundations of Intelligence Analysis (FIAT)
- Intelligence Analyst Training Program (IATP) - Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), Department of Homeland Security, Glenco, GA
- Intelligence Basic Course - Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Introductory Intelligence Analysis Training Program (IIATP) - Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), Department of Homeland Security, Glenco, GA
- Operational Analyst Course – Republic of Panama, Public Security Ministry, National Police
- Police Basic Intelligence Course – Republic of Panama, Public Security Ministry, National Police
- Short Course in Intelligence Analysis - 4Knowledge Analysis Solutions
- Tactical Intelligence Analysis - Canadian Police College
Courses Under Review for Basic Analyst Classification Eligibility
- 35F Advanced Individual Training - US Army
- Basic Intelligence Research Specialist course (BIRS) - Drug Enforcement Administration
- Basic Intelligence and Security Course (BISC, 160 hours) Sweden, Swedish military/security required.
- Basic Operational Analysis - Allan Consultancy, Ltd, UK
- Analytical Investigative Techniques 1, (40 hours) - provided by Multijurisdictional Counterdrug Task Force Training (MCTFT)/ Southeastern Public Safety Institute. A partnership between The Florida National Guard and St. Petersburg College
- California Law Enforcement Academy - State of California
- Counterdrug Criminal Intelligence Analysis - NGB
- Counterterrorism Analyst Course (CaC) - Defence Intelligence Agency
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis - Chandler/Gilbert Community College, AZ, certificate program
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis - University of California-Riverside extension campus, certificate program
- Criminal Antiterrorism and Police Intelligence Management (CAPIM) Course - US Army Military Police School
- Criminal Intelligence Analysis - ANACAPA
- Criminal Justice - Crime & Intelligence Analysis Concentration, degree program, Mercyhurst College, Erie, PA
- Criminal Intelligence Officer/Specialist Course - SM&C Sciences
- Intelligence Analysis Training - The Alpha Group
- Intelligence: Connecting the Dots - Midwest Counterdrug Training Center, Camp Dodge, Johnston, Iowa
- Intelligence Officers Course (IOC, 240 hours) Sweden, Swedish military.
- Intermediate Fusion Center Analyst Training, IFCAT (130 hours) - nationwide, Northern California Regional Public Safety Training Authority
- Introduction to Crime and Intelligence Analysis - Algonquin College, Ottawa Canada
- Komisi Pemberantasan Korupsi - Indonesia Australia Legal Development (LDF), Government of Australia initiative
- Law Enforcement Intelligence Course - U.S. Department of State, Narcotics Affairs Section
- Strategic Intelligence Analysis - Canadian Police College
- Strategic Intelligence Analysis - Intelligence Study Centre/College of Intelligence Studies
Recertification Eligible Courses
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis Basic and Intermediate courses - Intelligence Analysis Training Ltd.
- Cyber Security, Cyber Intelligence - Utica College, Utica, NY. Master's level degree program
- Strategic Assessment Course - Intelligence Analysis Training, Ltd.