Basic Analytical/Intelligence Courses
IALEIA members wishing to enter the Professional Certification Program (PCP) must first successfully complete an approved 40-hour, classroom-based, basic intelligence course.
The National Criminal Intelligence Sharing Plan directed that standards, including training, for intelligence analysts be developed by IALEIA. IALEIA, at the direction of the Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice, through the Global Justice Information Sharing Initiative (Global) Intelligence Working Group (GIWG), accomplished this and published a booklet entitled Law Enforcement Analytic Standards (IALEIA, 2004; IALEIA 2012).
The Professional Certification Committee has reviewed a number of intelligence courses, evaluating them against the standards set out in the pamphlet. Some of the courses go beyond the basic level of instruction. However, IALEIA is not rating the material, only stating that the course meets the basic criteria. The courses approved to date include:
Basic Analyst Classification Eligible
- Basic Analysis Training Course - New Jersey Regional Intelligence Academy
- Basic Intelligence Training - U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Homeland Security Investigations, Office of Intelligence
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis Training - Classrooom Course, Intelligence Analysis Training, Ltd.
- DIA Intelligence Analysis Course - Defence Intelligence Agency, Department of Homeland Security
- Florida Law Enforcement Analyst Academy Training - Florida Dept of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
- Florida Law Enforcement Analyst Training (I & II) - Florida Dept of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
- Foundations of Intelligence Analysis (FIAT)
- Intelligence Analyst Training Program (IATP) - Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), Department of Homeland Security, Glenco, GA
- Intelligence Basic Course - Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Introductory Intelligence Analysis Training Program (IIATP) - Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC), Department of Homeland Security, Glenco, GA
- Short Course in Intelligence Analysis - 4Knowledge Analysis Solutions
- Tactical Intelligence Analysis - Canadian Police College
Courses Under Review for Basic Analyst Classification Eligiblity
- 35F Advanced Individual Training - US Army
- Basic Intelligence Research Specialist course (BIRS) - Drug Enforcement Administration
- Basic Intelligence and Security Course (BISC, 160 hours) Sweden, Swedish military/security required.
- Basic Operational Analysis - Allan Consultancy, Ltd, UK
- Analytical Investigative Techniques 1, (40 hours) - provided by Multijurisdictional Counterdrug Task Force Training (MCTFT)/ Southeastern Public Safety Institute. A partnership between The Florida National Guard and St. Petersburg College
- California Law Enforcement Academy - State of California
- Counterdrug Criminal Intelligence Analysis - NGB
- Counterterrorism Analyst Course (CaC) - Defence Intelligence Agency
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis - Chandler/Gilbert Community College, AZ, certificate program
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis - University of California-Riverside extension campus, certificate program
- Criminal Antiterrorism and Police Intelligence Management (CAPIM) Course - US Army Military Police School
- Criminal Intelligence Analysis - ANACAPA
- Criminal Justice - Crime & Intelligence Analysis Concentration, degree program, Mercyhurst College, Erie, PA
- Criminal Intelligence Officer/Specialist Course - SM&C Sciences
- Intelligence Analysis Training - The Alpha Group
- Intelligence: Connecting the Dots - Midwest Counterdrug Training Center, Camp Dodge, Johnston, Iowa
- Intelligence Officers Course (IOC, 240 hours) Sweden, Swedish military.
- Intermediate Fusion Center Analyst Training, IFCAT (130 hours) - nationwide, Northern California Regional Public Safety Training Authority
- Introduction to Crime and Intelligence Analysis - Algonquin College, Ottawa Canada
- Komisi Pemberantasan Korupsi - Indonesia Australia Legal Development (LDF), Government of Australia initiative
- Law Enforcement Intelligence Course - U.S. Department of State, Narcotics Affairs Section
- Strategic Intelligence Analysis - Canadian Police College
- Strategic Intelligence Analysis - Intelligence Study Centre/College of Intelligence Studies
Recertification Eligible Courses
- Crime and Intelligence Analysis Basic and Intermediate courses - Intelligence Analysis Training Ltd.
- Cyber Security, Cyber Intelligence - Utica College, Utica, NY. Master's level degree program
- Strategic Assessment Course - Intelligence Analysis Training, Ltd.