2. Intellectual Property Rights
When you submit or post material, you grant to us the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display it (in whole or in part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology. This grant shall include the right to exploit any proprietary rights in any such material. You also grant us, and anyone authorized by us, the right to identify you as the author of any of your postings or submissions by name, e-mail address, or Member name, as we deem appropriate.
Please include the following information in your written notice: (1) a detailed description of the copyrighted work that is allegedly infringed; (2) a description of the location of allegedly infringing material on the Site; (3) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and, if available, e-mail address; (4) your statement that you have a good-faith belief that the allegedly infringing use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; (5) your statement, made under penalty of perjury, affirming that the information in your notice is accurate and that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf; and (6) an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or someone authorized on the owner's behalf to assert infringement of copyright and to submit the statement.
(D) Restrictions on Linking and Framing. You may establish a hypertext link to the Site, provided that the link does not state or imply any sponsorship of your site by IALEIA. However, you may not frame or inline link to any of the content of the Site, or incorporate into another Website or other service any of our material or intellectual property without the written permission of IALEIA.
3. Message Boards and Other Interactive Features
This Site may include interactive features, including, but not limited to, message boards, web logs, e-mail services, and areas that allow uploading of user-generated content (the "Interactive Features"). You are responsible for any material that you post on message boards or provide through any other Interactive Features on the Site. We do not control the messages, information, or files that you or others may provide through the Site. This Site, including its Interactive Features, shall be used for lawful purposes only; you shall not:
• Engage in any conduct that, in our sole judgment, restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Site.
• Post or transmit any material that violates our rights or the rights of others, including, without limitation, privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, trademark rights, patent rights, contract rights, or any other right.
• Use the Site to impersonate any person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity. Interfere with or disrupt any servers or networks used to provide the Site or its features, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of the networks we use to provide the Site. Use the Site in an unlawful, threatening, or abusive manner, including without limitation, to promote racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual.
• Gain unauthorized access to the Site, or any account, computer system, or network connected to this Site, by means such as hacking, password mining, or other illicit means.
• Obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information not intentionally made available through this Site.
• Use the Site to post or transmit any vulgar, obscene, or otherwise objectionable information of any kind, including without limitation, any transmissions that encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law.
• Use the Site to post or transmit any information, software, or other material that contains a virus or other harmful component.
• Use the Site to post, transmit, or in any way exploit any information, software, or other material for commercial purposes, or that contains advertising.
• Engage in advertising or commercial solicitation of any product or service, or to solicit donations of any kind on the Site, without our written consent.
• Gather for marketing purposes any e-mail addresses or other personal information that has been posted by other users of the Site.
• Use any hardware or software intended to damage or interfere with the proper workings of the Site or to surreptitiously intercept any system, date or personal information from the Site.
4. Registration and Passwords
You may need a username and password to use certain features of the Site. By registering on the Site, you agree that you will not (i) select or use a member name or e-mail address of another person with the intent to impersonate that person; (ii) use a user name or e-mail address subject to the rights of any person without authorization; (iii) use a member name in violation of the intellectual property rights of any person; or (iv) use a member name that we, in our sole discretion, deem inappropriate or offensive. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and are responsible for all activities (whether by you or by others) that occur under your password or account. You will notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security. We assume no liability for any loss or damage arising from any unauthorized use of your password or account by a third party.
Use of Directories
The information contained in any directories that may be provided on the Site is provided for visitor information only and is not to be used for marketing or telemarketing applications. This information may not be copied or redistributed and is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. Neither we, nor our suppliers, will be liable in any way with regard to such information.
The Site may provide links to Websites maintained by third parties. Any information, products, software, or services provided on or through third-party sites are controlled by the operators of such sites and not by us or our subsidiary companies. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk.
The information, products and services offered on or through the Site are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind either expressed or implied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
We do not warrant that the Site or any of its functions will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that any part of this Site, including message boards, or the servers that make the Site available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. We expressly disclaim liability for any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action. Each user specifically acknowledges that we are not liable for the defamatory, offensive or illegal conduct of other third parties, subscribers, members or other users of the message boards and that the risk of injury from the foregoing rests entirely with each user.
We do not make any representations or warranties about the correctness, accuracy, timeliness, or reliability of the information made available on this Site or any third-party sites. The material on this Site is provided for general information only and should not be relied upon or used as the sole basis for making decisions without consulting primary, more accurate, more complete or more timely sources of information. Use of any information on the Site or third-party sites is at the user's own risk. Under no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damage caused by reliance on information obtained through the Site.
You are solely responsible for all hardware and/or software necessary to access the Site. You assume the entire cost of and responsibility for any damage to, and all necessary maintenance, repair or correction of, that hardware and/or software.
IALEIA is a nonprofit, nonpartisan 501 (c) 3 organization and IALEIA does not endorse, support, or oppose political candidates or parties, and does not have a PAC.
6. Third-Party Sites
Certain sections of the Site may provide links to sites of third parties, where you may be able to purchase online many different types of products and services that are provided by third parties. We are not responsible for the quality, accuracy, timeliness, reliability, or any other aspect of any product or service offered or provided by a third party. If you make a purchase from a merchant on a site linked to by the Site, the information obtained during your visit to that merchant's online store or site, and the information that you give as part of the transaction, such as your credit card number and contact information, may be collected by the merchant. A merchant that offers or sells products or services through the Site may have privacy and data collection practices that are different from ours. We have no responsibility or liability for these independent policies. For more information about a merchant, its online store, its privacy policies, and/or any additional terms and conditions that may apply, visit that merchant's Website and click on its information links or contact the merchant directly. You agree that neither we nor our affiliates are responsible for any damages that you incur, and you will not assert any claims against us or them, arising from your purchase or use of any products or services made available by third parties through the Site.
7. Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, including, but not limited to, negligence, shall we, our subsidiary entities, or affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the Site, including its materials, products, or services, or third-party materials, products, or services made available through the Site, even if we are advised beforehand of the possibility of such damages. (since some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of certain categories of damages, the above limitation may not apply to you. In such states, our liability and the liability of our subsidiary companies or affiliates are limited to the greatest extent that it can be limited under such state law.)
In no event will we or any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing the Site or related online services be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the message boards or other Interactive Features, or out of the breach of any warranty.
If you are dissatisfied with the Site, any materials, products, or services on the Site, or with any of the Site's terms and conditions, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
9. Other Terms