Tambon Nong Chaeng, Thailand, Southeast Asia
Senior (5+ years of experience)
$48,000 - $65,000
09 Apr, 2017
Counter-Wildlife Trafficking Enforcement Advisor
The objective of this position is to strengthen WCS’s response to wildlife trafficking in Asia through the provision of high-quality technical assistance to WCS programs and our government partners. The CWT Enforcement Advisor will provide technical expertise on law enforcement best practices, and coordination of enforcement activities across our programs in Asia and facilitate coordination with out Africa programs and partners.
· Coordinate national and regional investigations by WCS and our government partners into wildlife trafficking networks providing overall leadership to investigations, ensuring adequate competency and safety of staff and partners.
· Develop curricula, carry out needs assessments and provide training to government counterparts in CWT competencies
· Provide coordination and oversight to the deployment and capacity building for the WCS Global Wildlife Trafficking Database.
· Work with Country Program Directors, Regional directors, and CWT staff in the region to develop internal SOPs for WCS on risk management relating to enforcement support and investigations
· Identify needs and deliver training to key CWT WCS staff in investigation planning, source development, investigation techniques
· Working with key CWT staff in the region develop a system to regional case-tracking system to enable greater understanding of our impact and effectiveness on law enforcement
· In coordination with Regional staff, improve engagement on wildlife trafficking issues with regional governmental and inter-governmental partners regionally, through representation at relevant national, regional and global events and meetings, particularly those directly related to trade and crime such as ASEAN, INTERPOL, UNODC, CITES, WCO, and various USG agencies in Asia.
· Assist with fund-raising efforts for WCS’s programs on wildlife trafficking in Asia, identifying and enhancing support from existing and new sources, assisting in development of proposals and reports, building relationships with funders.
Please email a CV and cover letter to Scott Robertson email@example.com