Rocky Mount, United States, North America
$46,755 - $ 70,132 USD
Crime Analyst, Rocky Mount, NC
|SALARY:||$46,755.24 - $70,132.86 Annually|
DEFINITION: This position is responsible for the analysis of crime and operational data.
• Collects, collates, analyzes, and disseminates crime and operational data.
• A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, Criminal Justice, or Statistical Analysis is preferred; however comparable experience in technology or analysis related role will be considered.
|• Knowledge of crime and operational analysis standards.
• Knowledge of I-based reporting.
• Knowledge of job-related software applications including GIS, RMS, CAD, analytics, and crystal reporting.
• Skill in the analysis of crime and operational data.
• Skill in analyzing problems and identifying solutions.
• Skill in preparing clear and accurate reports.
• Skill in establishing cooperative and productive working relationships.
• Skill in setting priorities for competing projects.
• Skill in performing mathematical calculations.
• Skill in operating computers and other standard office equipment.
• Skill in interpersonal relations.
• Skill in oral and written communication.
SUPERVISORY CONTROLS: The Police Sergeant assigns work in terms of very general instructions. The supervisor spot-checks completed work for compliance with procedures and the nature and propriety of the final results.
GUIDELINES: Guidelines include incident based reporting product specifications and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection, and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY: The work consists of varied data analysis duties. The need for accuracy contributes to the complexity of the position.
SCOPE AND EFFECT: The purpose of this position is to perform crime and operational analyses in support of department operations. Success in this position contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of department operations.
PERSONAL CONTACTS: Contacts are typically with other City staff, vendors, members of the general public, business owners, and representatives of other law enforcement agencies.
PURPOSE OF CONTACTS: Contacts are typically to give or exchange information, resolve problems, and provide services.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table. The employee occasionally lifts light objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work is typically performed in an office.
SUPERVISORY AND MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITY: None.
|APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.rockymountnc.gov
331 S. Franklin Street Rocky Mount, NC 27802 (252) 972-1191 (252) 972-1186
|Position #201600585 CRIME ANALYST EH|
|CRIME ANALYST Supplemental Questionnaire|
|*||1.||What is the highest educational degree obtained?|
|No Degree (Grammar School or High School) High School Degree or GED Equivalent Associate's Degree Baccalaureate Degree Master's Degree or Higher|
|*||2.||If you chose that you have an advance degree in the previous question, please indicate the field of study (i.e. Business, English, Public Administration, etc.)|
|*||3.||What is your level of experience in statistical research and data analysis? [Please Note that your application must reflect your response].|
|No Experience Apprenticeship or Training Only Less than 2 years 2+ - 5 years 5+ years|
|*||4.||Do you have experience in GIS Application, Statistical Analysis, Data Mapping [Check all that apply].|
|GIS Application Statistical Analysis Data Mapping Statistical Research Other|
|*||5.||If you selected "Other" in the previous question, please enter your response here.|
|* Required Question|