Syracuse, United States, North America
Entry Level (2 years or less of experience)
Crime Analyst, Syracuse, NY
The Finn Institute is currently seeking to fill a full-time crime analyst position. The analyst will work on-site in the Onondaga Crime Analysis Center in Syracuse, NY. The Center is staffed with a team of crime analysts and sworn law enforcement members who support area law enforcement agencies in their efforts to track and reduce Part I Crime.
• Perform a variety of research and analytical tasks.
• Collect, compile, validate, interpret and analyze data and trends using standard practices and techniques of crime and/or law enforcement intelligence analysis.
• May perform statistical, spatial, and/or qualitative analyses as needed, making use of standard software packages.
• Work on assignments that are moderately complex under direct or indirect supervision, where there is latitude for independent action and decision-making.
• Prepare and deliver reports and presentations of analytic results.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. Communication with all police ranks as well as local, state, and federal agencies may be necessary.
• Knowledge of the criminal justice process.
• Understanding of basic social science research methods: concepts and techniques of measurement and analysis, and interpretation of results.
• Experience with databases, spreadsheets, statistical computing and/or geographic information systems is desired.
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in criminal justice, criminology, public administration, or a related field plus 0-1 year experience in the field of criminology, criminal justice research, or criminal justice policy.
• Starting salary $44,000.
• Employer-subsidized health insurance in compliance with the Affordable Care Act, dental insurance, and life insurance.
• Retirement plan [401(k)].
• Nine (9) paid holidays plus seventeen (17) leave days annually.
Interested parties should send a letter of interest and an up-to-date resume to Jessica Roy; materials may be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
*The Finn Institute is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer*
Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply.