Washington, United States, North America
Mid Career (3+ years of experience)
Crime Analyst (Camp Lejeune, NC)
The HSSI Crime Analyst (Law Enforcement) is a full-time exempt employee responsible for providing the Marine Corps Civilian Law Enforcement Program (MCCLEP), Law Enforcement and Corrections Branch (PSL) with research and analysis of criminal information received by patrol and the Criminal Investigations Division relating to criminal activities and relationships. Work is performed under the general direction of the CID Supervisor with allowance for independent initiative, judgment, and latitude for selection of methods and procedures. The Crime Analyst reports to the HSSI SSP Site Supervisor for administrative matters, including issues relating to pay, benefits, work hours, overtime, travel and paid time off/leave of absence (PTO/LOA).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate in English by phone or in person in a group or one-to-one setting
2. Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and evaluate research findings and recommendations
3. Ability to develop and maintain liaison with the intelligence community at Federal, State, County, and Municipal levels to share information on criminal activities or suspected criminals under investigation
4. Strong presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
5. Good working knowledge of Google Earth/Maps, ESRI ArcGIS Server, ArcGIS Desktop
6. Strong knowledge of Spatial Date Management, GIS Modeling and GIS Analysis; and experience with geospatial data analysis methodologies
7. Ability to organize and present accurate information in a logical sequence
8. Ability to prepare graphs, charts, tables and other illustrative devices
9. Ability to operate a variety of standard office equipment including copy machines, facsimile machines, networked computers, laser printers, shredders, scanners, and other electronic equipment.
10. Ability to enter and retrieve data or information from a terminal, PC or other keyboard device
11. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, including Outlook)
12. Ability to work cooperatively with employees from other law enforcement agencies and City employees
13. Ability to perform basic statistical work, analytical research, and link analyses
14. Ability to produce written documents in English which clearly and accurately depict logical and organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar
1. Must be a U. S. citizen.
2. Must successfully pass initial drug screening and periodic follow-up testing.
3. Must possess or be able to obtain, if necessary, a Secret security clearance.
4. Must successfully complete a National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI).
5. Must successfully complete an HSSI background check.
6. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
7. Must possess a minimum of a 4-year degree or equivalent work related experience.
8. At least 3 years law enforcement experience (military or civilian); 2 years of experience in a related management discipline desired.
9. Specific criminal intelligence analyst training from an accredited organization such as the International Association of Law Enforcement Intelligence Analysts (IALEIA) or Anacapa Services Inc. may substitute for up to one year of experience or education. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted
All interested candidates are required to apply online at http://homelandsecurityinc.com/careers/. If you need an accommodation to our application process, please contact us at (757) 722-4726.
HSSI is a government contractor. Homeland Security Solutions, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. HSSI is an E-Verify employer. Further, as a contractor and subcontractor HSSI shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability, and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Job keywords/tags: Crime Analyst