Lifetime Criminal Intelligence Certified Analyst is the third tier of the IALEIA Professional Certification Program. An individual at the Lifetime Criminal Intelligence Certified Analyst tier is someone who has served in the criminal intelligence or analysis profession for twenty (20) or more years. This tier is intended to recognize those individuals who have demonstrated their dedication to the analytic profession through their many years of service. The Lifetime Criminal Intelligence Certified Analyst should serve as a role model and mentor for those less experienced analysts entering the criminal analysis profession and, as such, the Lifetime CICA status is recognition of outstanding service and competency over the long term.
· There is a one-time, non-refundable fee of $150.00 to apply for this certification
· If the applicant is not eligible for this certification, the fee will not be returned
· Continuous IALEIA membership for a minimum of ten (10) years is required to apply for this certification
· IALEIA membership must be maintained to retain this certification
Lifetime CICA – Criteria
After an appropriate period of employment in a criminal intelligence or analysis position and the required years of membership in IALEIA, a person may apply to become a Lifetime Criminal intelligence Certified Analyst. The applicant must have been previously certified as a CICA and maintained the CICA certification for a minimum of five (5) years to be eligible for the Lifetime CICA certification.
1. Current IALEIA [regular] member in good standing for a minimum of ten (10) years
2. Current CICA certification status – must have held for at least five (5) years
3. Assignment to a job function that involves the application of analytic and intelligence techniques and methods
4. Adherence to IALEIA standards for ethics and professional conduct
5. Submission of Lifetime Criminal Intelligence Certified Analyst application and fee payment
6. Applicants must satisfy the re-certification requirements for their CICA renewal (per Part III), which is a part of the Lifetime CICA application process
Lifetime CICA – Renewal
The Lifetime Criminal Intelligence Certified Analyst certification does not require renewal and will remain in force for so long as the individual who holds the certification remains an IALEIA member in good standing. Should an individual who holds a Lifetime CICA certification leave IALEIA membership, his/her certification will no longer be active.
The Lifetime CICA application is under revision